My god, it's been a tiring afternoon. Managed to teach the chorus Ccheek to Cheek, after a lot of fuss, and Chris and Irene? Eileen? (something like that) still can't get it. But it exists, and all is reasonably beautiful. We're running Act 1 next weekend, ha. And of course my dad is kicking up a ginormous fuss because I can't come to his house for lunch. He doesn't seem to quite understand the idea of 'making a commitment'. Well, he understands it when it's his commitment, and nothing must stand in his way or the world will explode, but when i'ts my commitments? Nada.
And ohgod, I have a costume. Ohgod, it is not a pretty sight. Why oh why? Did someone tell Fran that I hate yellow above all things? When I was given it, I rushed into the ladies and said, very much as Ron does in Goblet of Fire on seeing his dress robes - 'murder me'. The only part of it I'm remotely fond of is the hat. The hat is rather sweet, and makes me look like some sort of urchin. But the spots make it into a kind of kitschy Cath Kidston urchin, so I can cope with it. It's just moving downwards on my body that the problem begins. And never quite ends. I've been informed that my boobs are going to be bandaged up so they look smaller. Oh, what fun!
NaNo, NaNo, the end is in sight. What's with all these people having finished them already? I'm making a rule to read nobody's until mine is done and the month is over. Not that I'll have much chance of reading Ev's as she's gone officially AWOL before Cambridge interview time.
And ohgod, I HAVE to do my coursework tonight. I must must must. It doesn't matter if it's good, it just needs to be done. I shall make myself a very wonderful plan, with quotes. I'm going to make the plan as wonderful and colour-coded as I possibly can in an attempt to convince myself that it's fun.
I can't believe the weekend's over already. It feels like it never begun. Still, I suppose that's good, as the weeks until Christmas are going quicker and quicker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment