Ev has found this lovely poem, which I must share with everyone, because I am secretly romantic and like to frolic with dolphins. Remember when you found out I was a secret romantic in about Year 9, Ev, from a drawing I did of a mermaid?
She has stolen the flock of ravens that run before her, and taken them for her hair
She has stolen the gentle curve of moonlit clouds for her body
She has stolen the warm misty aftermath of rainstorms for her heart
She has stolen rope and sails from ghost-ships-running-before-the-wind for her clothes
She has stolen a rain-glossed bed of autumn leaves for her eyes
She has stolen wet grass and the following sea for her touch
She has stolen swollen rivers and rough red wine for her voice
And holding these together, she sets herself in motion and it is a summer storm...
A storm in the hearts of those close enough - aware enough - to see
Of all of us though, I am luckiest
The last thing she stole was the eye of a storm - and she took it for her embrace
Having learned this, she has allowed me refuge in her arms
And she, the youngest daughter of the trees
*dies of loveliness*. Yes, I am a sap. No, I am not ashamed. Yes, I will kill anyone else who points this out, however.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment