Am fairly jolly today.
However, I have a horrible finger infection. I blame the doctors. if they'd have given me an appointment, they might have noticed it blossoming on my poor virgin (ha) finger and nipped it in the bud. I am angry with them on so many counts now. Their fault for never seeing me, their fault my finger may be about to drop off, their fault I've run out of pills and they probably won't give me any more without an appointment. And their fault my friend Karina's fingers have died and her wrist is all gone a funny way. They're supposed to fix her, dammit, and there she is with a wonky wrist and blue fingers.
Went shopping today, for the first time in ages, with Alice. Turns out she'd been ill, which explained her mysterious absence. We had a really good time, actually. Spent far too much money, and we also got ice creams from the Ben and Jerry's parlour, and ate them outside next to the fountain in the freezing cold under a canopy of Christmas lights. It felt like we were in New York, strangely enough. I'd love to go Christmas shopping in New York. It's such a beautiful place in the cold and dark, with all the lights shining. All the shops have started to play Christmas music now, which I love. No Scrooge can quite quash my love of all things Christmassy. I managed to get a lovely new bag today which looks just like my mum's Mulberry 'Roxane' bag. Well, not exactly like, as it was about £370 cheaper, but it's a pretty good copy and nice and spacious with pockets and stuff, and I like it. Also got a lovely new skirt, in a bottle green colour. Intend to doll myself up tomorrow when Mads and I go to 'On The Town'. Haven't got properly dolled up for a while, so it'll be a nice change. Looking forward to 'On The Town', too. And Scott as a sailor - ...!
Am making my dad a wonderful birthday card. My fingers will probably never come unstuck ever again from the amount of UHU I'll be using. I love making my own cards. Not only does it give me great fun and the delusion that I'm being creative, people always seem to appreciate them so much more, which I love. My dad wants to see Goblet of Fire for his birthday, which I find very, very cute. Funnily enough, it's what my 10 year old brother wants to do for his, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment