Tuesday, November 15, 2005

We did Act II at panto tonight. Well, when I say 'did', what I really mean is 'faffed around looking like nincompoops' -

(Panto, Act 1, Scene 2
Mangle Wurzle: What's a nincompoop?
Hayseed: A poop with an income)

Still, have established some more witty repartee, and some 'manly bonding', with my 'brother' who is also a 'man'. Am a bit sleepy, but NaNo has restarted, how exciting! I can't believe it's got to be finished by next week...I'll have to do lots tomorrow, and Thursday (two days off, hooray!).

I got cast for our version of Caucasian Chalk Circle today, as Natella Abashwili, the Governor's Wife. Which is a great part, she's a real cold bitch. Only trouble is, I have to be married to Creepy Alex, he's the Governor. Gross gross gross. However, the story of his choosing is a funny one. We were choosing the parts terribly democratically and Brechtian-ishly, so Amanda said 'who do we think should be Georgi Abashwili? He has no lines and dies right away', and the class as a whole said 'Alex' - ha! Also, there is much scope for amusing mis-pronounciation of his character's name as 'gay orgy', which somebody did today, causing much hilarity amongst us all.

69 hours, as Hetty charmingly puts it. And although she says there are no connotations, there so, so are.

Also 69 hours until LIGHTSABER LIGHTSABER LIGHTSABER OMFG LIGHTSABER!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, sweetie, I only want you for the plastic toys which you bring.

There is a possibility of D and D like things happening, which will be lovely and joyful. I wonder if a recurrence of 'killing the salsa pot' will happen. Although probably not, we killed it very, very dead. Although I have been informed that my role is to sit on Hetty's knee looking attractive, this time. No great hardship, that. Think I can just about manage it. And squee, we have our Goblet of Fire goings on Saturday. The lightsaber is coming too. Yes, I know it's the wrong fandom. No, I don't care, and will stab anyone who says so. Have finished adulterating a school skirt, which, very oddly, says 'Love Ev' on its backside. It will have to be a, er, demonstration of one of Pansy's past love affairs with someone called Ev. Or something. The outfit is all done now, though, and ready-to-wear - just have to make the important decision between knee-socks (deceptively sweet and innocent) or fishnet stockings (not remotely deceptive in any way). Am also going to bring bucket-loads of makeup to do the boys with. They're going to be sooo pretty. Ahem. Sooo something, anyway. Getting all excited now - Hetty, big-screen Voldie, and drunk crossdressed people - perfect weekend, if you ask me!

No comments: