Monday, November 07, 2005

Well, I haven't updated since Tuesday, so this is likely to be a long and rambly, and, occasionally ranty post.

Last week was...fairly good, really. Apart from a few little annoyances, but I cope. Horrible Friend A has been something almost approaching a Nice Friend this week, it's shocking how well we're getting along at the moment. I have a rather large bone to pick with Horrible Friend B, he has it coming to him. And Horrible Friend C is being what one could only call a git. Well, actually, I'm sure one could think of many other things to call him (none of them polite), but it starts with git. There is too much coursework that I haven't done, and homework that I haven't done, and applications that I've almost done, shockingly enough. I had a text from Astrid, who I met at the drama school course, she'd just had her LAMDA audition - how frightening! I haven't even picked all my pieces yet. I'm having such trouble thinking of, and then finiding, modern pieces. I think my Shakespeares are reasonsably sorted (Goneril for definite and Rosalind a hopeful), but the modern ones? ARGH.

My NaNao is making me happy. It's the thing I was most worried about having time for, and wanting to do at all, in November, but it's coming along swimmingly. 17, 000 words now, and I haven't got tired of it yet. It's like Dark Lord - the musical, I just want to keep on writing and writing it.

I saw Alice Cooper on Saturday night, and he was good - although not as good as last time. Still, was a fun night out, although I wasn't nearly drunk enough. Getting home was a bit of a nightmare, with all the people trying to get back from the Lewes Bonfire - it seemed even fuller than ever, I'm so glad I didn't go.

Have been organising Lord Mayor's Show outfits - my brother's is very impressive, particularly when bits of it are tried on my me, my mum, and my dad all at once. We looked right ones, I can tell you. Everything at home is really good at the moment. I really want it to stay like this, we're all three getting along and it's just so...nice. Yesterday would have been Grandad's birthday, so it had the potential to be a bit mopey, but everything was alright in the end. We ended up turning the sitting room into a Vienna-style ballroom and waltzing around to Strauss CD's. I did feel a bit sad about Grandad, but I know that he wouldn't have wanted any of us to sit around being miserable, and he'd have been much gladder we made complete idiots out of ourselves dancing instead.

But anyway, the Lord Mayor's Show. All is reasonably organised, although I have forgotten Ev's address. (Ev - tell me it, please!) to mail the tickets, but all appears to be well. Apart from the fact that I will get pneumonia because my outfit is too small, and the whole of London will see my bottom if the wind blows. Oh yes, not just the whole of London, because the entire event's being filmed. Am preparing a few things to say in case the reporter talks to me, which my dad thinks there's a good chance of as I will have Legs. Not very long ones, admittedly, but Legs nonetheless. ALL OF YOU NOT ACTUALLY COMING TO THE SHOW MUST WATCH IT ON THE TELLY. I MEAN, HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET TO SEE MY BOTTOM? (ok, don't answer that).

Am having a strange and exciting Dance Workshop today, with the company we're going to see perform on Tuesday. Should be...tiring. I wonder what new injuries I can sustain today?! My thumbs and groin have just about recovered from Wednesday.

Really must go and get dressed now, or I will be rushing to college, late, in my underwear. Which is no laughing matter in Hayward's Heath, let me tell you.

More NaNo later. Muuuuuch more. Although I have rehearsals, and coursework, and GAH. Life is too busy.

No comments: