Meh. I don't really have a thing to say today. I'm going to try anyway.
Panto was - full of falling over, actually. First Charlie, backwards on to his bum off a chair, then me, tripping over a curtain. then me again, backwards ont o my bum while pulling a boot off Charlie. Ah, the joy. But really, I've had it up to Here with the sausage innuendos. There are only a certain number of times you can run your hand up and down a sausage in a suggestive manner saying 'blimey, what a whopper!' Managed to teach Pete The Dance. This means The Dance must be easy, and I've been panicking for nothing. Now I just need to pick my able-bodied (ha) men and women. Still don't have a costume.
Costumes for LSOH are going surprisingly well. I got Ed in The Red Dress (tm) today, and he looked, er, ravishing. Yes. That's definitely the word. There's a bit of a sticky moment (no pun intended) where he has to lie down and the slit rides up rather high. It's not a good thing in any way, shape or form. Also sorted a dress for the oh-so charming Kate Bailey, who is sickeningly nice (you were right, Ev), but has no cleavage whatsoever. Mucked around in Andy's dentist chair for a while. Oh, how I want a dentist chair. It even came ready equipped with handcuffs! And you can put it up and down, spin it round, and flip it all the way back. Think of the hours you could spend.... The plants look amazing, but the lip-synching isn't going so so beautifully. Tomorrow's plan: locate Mrs Mushnik and see if she really is ridiculously short; get her in fur coat, mentioning very loudly that IT'S DEFINITELY FAKE. Maybe she won't have a moral objection to wearing real fur, but so many people do these days that you have to be careful. Find some tops and belts and other accessories for Kate. Get Ed in the wig (Dolly Parton will turn in her grave).
The NaNo is...actually being written for once. Just given Ev and Stuart unflattering but accurate cameos. Am thinking of putting myself in, but Stuart has promised to let me appear in his, so I might leave me out of things. I have a brief (but of course vital) role as some random girl who has doings with Thek then gets murdered. Fun fun!
UCAS is being sent off tomorrow, and the other forms all checked by Amanda. I can't believe this is all coming to an end, finally. Although it isn't really, it's just the start.
I keep imagining the future at the moment. It's the season, I think. Autumn/Winter always makes me see myself in later life. Summer never does, it's such a present thing, is Summer. Anyway, planning the exact layout of your perfectly decorated dining room is never a bad thing.
Caucasian Chalk Circle is pretty amusing at the moment. We have only a few props, but the mainstay of the entire production is the Multi-Purpose Stick, or MPS, as we've taken to calling it in stage directions. When you're writing 'Simon strokes the MPS seductively', you know you're probably in the middle of madness.
My book is annoying me. I've read most of the way through and I'm still waiting for the plot to properly kick in. I don't relate to any of the characters or feel anything approaching like for them. However, the politics is actually fascinating me. I never thought I'd choose politics as my favourite thing in a book which is supposed to be about a love triangle, but I have. THERE IS NO LOVE TRIANGLE. And it's making me annoyed at sexuality stereotypes, something which annoys me a great deal a lot of the time.
My 'not a lot to say' turned into a massive rant, as usual. I seem incapable of writing short blog entries. I might have to do one shortly after this, just to prove I can. Only that will probably turn into a rant as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment