Sunday, November 13, 2005

Am bored and cold. And not doing Personal Statement. And I miss Hetty horribly. While the week before I see her is the best week, because I can count down, and every day it's getting nearer, it's also the worst week, because it's the longest time I've been away from her. Argh argh argh.

I have been made Chief of Costumes for Little Shop of Horrors, eeee! Although it means lots of extra work, not so eeeee. But I sooo have this thing cracked. I'm putting the company in all the same, but different colours, because I hate it when everyone's a mishmash in musicals. I like a sense of uniformity. So will be running up (for this read: forcing other people to run up) circle skirts in this cheapy fabric we found, which comes in the most gorgeous colours, which is going to look fab. And shoving a bit of even cheapier net underneath to look like a fake petticoat. See the economy of me, world. See it and weep! I would more precisely detail what I'm doing, but it interests only me and the director, so I shan't. It turns out that dear, darling Kate Bailey (you'll be just sooo pleased to know this, Ev - ha!) is exactly the same size as me, so she'll be wearing my pink cherry dress. It is a sweet dress, and will look absolutely right for Audrey, so I want it to be worn, even if I do hate her on principle (I've never even spoken to the girl!)

Had panto this afternoon. Some idi- I mean, person, is making a documentary about Plumpton, and they filmed some of our rehearsal. Namely, the song. The one bloody song in the whole bloody thing where I have a solo. Ouch, ouch, ouch. Still, it'll probably never be shown. There is a God, so one hopes. Bad news on the costume front - well, it doesn't exist, so I suppose technically no news is good news. But I'm going to have to go all Tudor on my arse and bind my breasts - ouch! Minimiser bra and a bit length of bandage to flatten me a bit. My poor body is going to be so bruised by the end of the run. Lizzie's costume is gorgeous. I waaaant it. It's like something out of Bleak House, but not a muted colour, it's a wonderful deep blue. Still, I get sausages, so I can't complain.

2 comments:

Ev said...

See? The moment I stop confiscating things, she starts! (And I HAVE resigned from the UN, no matter what evidence to the contrary, thankyousoverymuch). Sexy Jack and MATT? I beliveth it not. Although, come to think of it, Matt isn't that bad. Anyway, Matt should be happy. If he isn't, I may send around hit men.

Ellie said...

Would you BELIEVE it, but Matt is letting it be known that It Never Happened. We are all to act as if it Never Happened. I just can't believe the wrongness of him in so many ways. HOW? WHY? In what world is Dominique better than Jack? (In what world is any boy better than Jack?)Matt is behaving particularly embarassed around me, because he knows I was there the entire time, sober, and have an almost photographic memory. Ahahaha. That's a point. Why the hell didn't I take photos?