Monday, October 31, 2005

Grrr, it is Hallowe'en and once again I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING! at least last year Ev came round and we had a nice gossip. But this year I have a bloody rehearsal! Oh, the injustice! To console myself I'm going to watch lots of horror movies when I get back from it - The Exorcist - naturally, it's traditional, The Abominable Doctor Phibes, and Doctor Phibes Rises Again, and possibly Theatre of Blood too - Vincent Price Fest, hooray!, Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein - because need some classic Hammer, and Booooris always does it for me, perhaps Re-animator if there's time. I might even finally manage to watch Fiend Without A Face, which is still sitting there in its packaging. Oh! And Plan 9! To me, Plan 9 is what Hallowe'en is all about, the crappy effects, cardboard tombstones, the odd costumes, Criswell, the stupid dialogue etc.

Now all I need is a lot of novelty chocolate, some good booze, and a gorgeous girl to quiver in terror and cling attractively to me.

2 out of 3's pretty good. And it would be 3 out of 3 if said gorgeous girl didn't live in the wilds of Ashby-de-la-Zouch. I mean really, the place sounds French. It can't possibly be healthy to live in.

Sooo muuuch wooork. Just about finished Personal Statement, I think, apart from about two sentences. But nearly every sentence starts with 'I'! It's a horrible nightmare of I's! Must do something about it, and fast. And the UCAS form is bloody difficult to fill in, and so are the others. And then there's the essays. Which is actually what I'm going to do tonight when I get home, I've just remembered. I shall write some lightning essays, then shoot off and watch director's cuts versions of all the films (i.e. fastforward the crap bits*). And eat novelty chocolate and drink too much and have a horrible hangover tomorrow (unlikely, but you never know), and pretend gorgeous girl is not in the Midlands.

*Crap bits = bits which aren't gory.

My brother has an entire knight's outfit for the Lord Mayor's Show. It's amazing, he's going to look a right little bugger in it, even if our garage is now covered in pewter coloured spray paint. And I'm going to freeze my bottom off in that tiny maid's outfit. And there's a chance I'll be interviewed for the telly in it. Hell, hell, hell! Why does my first telly appearance have to be in a French maid's outfit accessorised charmingly with goosebumps and a huge feather duster? And I just KNOW the telly people will target me, because they're gits like that, aren't they?

Changing for rehearsal now. And I'm going to wear all black, and dark lipstick, and silly tights, because it is Hallowe'en, dammit, and it's only once a year and needs observing.

2 comments:

Ev said...

Well, I'm glad I'm not over there if you're watching THOSE films. Nevertheless, I wish you joy. Just don't get ideas and change Joseph into a zombie at the last minute.

Ellie said...

You'd be wailing and screaming and tearing my hair out? Now THAT sounds like a fun night! Could you arrange a few 'vampire' bites, too?

And I think Joe would make a rather nice zombie, actually. He'll come and bite everyone else's characters' faces off.