Friday, December 02, 2005

The forms are in envelopes and waiting to be sent away! I shall never see them more - hooray!

Today has been a bit of an odd day. There was lots of waiting and hanging about, which always annoys me. I managed to lug all the remaining costumes in, while it was raining horribly and the bag was cutting into my hand because it's always the way that the day you bring the 10 pound fur coat in is the day your mother refuses to give you a lift to the station. Such is sod's law. I think poor Jonathan is cracking. When I staggered into the studio this morning he had a very manic smile and almost collapsed on me. Poor chap, the stress is getting to him. And I've just had to text him demanding a reference, so he's got to write glowing reviews of me on top of everything else. I was rather surprised by some of the boys today - at break time Tom and Dan came over and started to warn me about Dave, in very protective older brotherly voices. It was quite sweet, they seemed all serious and concerned that Dave is going to ravish me, or something. And at lunch time Tom said significantly to Andy 'we've warned her about Dave', as if they'd been discussing the potentiality of Dave rape between the three of them. I was quite touched.

I became very annoyed with Other! Andy today. Now, Other! Andy is an offensive git, which is the main reason I like him. However, this offensive gittishness got a bit much even for me, today. Now, I am sensitive about very few issues. I hear you all cry Ha! so I'll change that to 'I am sensitive about very few issues, apart from the NHS, being called/written to by my first name, rubber snakes, poor personal hygiene, ice skating, cotton wool, and...actually, a whole host of other horrible stuff.' But one thing I am particularly sensitive about is homophobia, and stereotyping people on account of their sexuality. Now, I know that Other! Andy likes to reinforce his offensive gittishness, and it normally doesn't get on my nerves at all, but when I hear the phrase 'all lesbians are butch and ugly, and the only pretty ones you'll ever see are porn stars pretending', I see red and want to rip his little gobliny head off. The rational part of me says it's simply from ignorance he says these things, but I wasn't feeling particularly rational today, so I'm afraid I laid into him somewhat. I was fortunately backed up by Other! Alice, who is a stringent defender of ladies who like ladies. I backed off after a while and let her expostulate on how men are threatened by it for quite a long while. I think Other! Andy was a little taken aback. If I was the kind of person who talked about my personal life, I would have screamed 'I like ladies and hello? Do I look butch and ugly to you?'. Fortunately, I don't like to talk about my personal life.

(I also wish I didn't know so many people with the same damn name, so avoiding having to write 'Other!' in front of half of them. And when they triple up...well, that's too much even for me)

The rest of the day passed pretty uneventfully, apart from me actualyl doing some English homework. I know, I was shocked as well. It did take all of two minutes though, so I may be forgiven for it. Oh yes, and Dan stuck my sewing needle through his ear, which entertained me for a while. And then wandered round trailing the thread out of it and disgusting random people. I was disappointed that there wasn't any blood, but he did seem to be in some pain. He wouldn't let me tug it out by the thread, which I thought was very mean of him considering it was my needle.

I'm so glad this week is over. It's been too long and too full of missing you. Stupid little things like the way your neck looks in that green necklace keep coming back to me at the oddest of times.

Going to see GoF for the third time tomorrow, would you believe. However, this time I am going to see it drunk and sugar-highed, so I think the Voldie-love can only increase. And I AM GOING TO STEAL ALEX'S SHOES AHAHAHAHA!

No comments: