Friday, October 13, 2006

I found something today.

In my hopeless pursuit of the internet, I discovered my computer retained my old favourites (un-updated, of course). And I found something from exactly this time last year. One of those things that bring everything flooding back, and it wasn't bad, not really, and I only listened to Vaughan Williams twice and cried once, so it was alright, really. Really.

In other news, I've started blogging again. I should probably change that to 'hello Stuart'; who is oddly delighted by my black-edged ramblings. I can't think why, but here it is anyway. We've finally got the Internet (more or less, give or take a few more trials and tribulations), so as promised, I am starting it. The NTL process was long and torturous, and incolved much ringing of tech support lines who were having technical difficulties (WTF Geordie man?!) and physically abducting harmless (ha!) NTL men. It culminated in a beautiful and wonderful communion of us gathered round the screen gazing at Google. And do you know, once it was there in front of us, after all this waiting, we couldn't think of a thing to look up? Not a single thing. We ended up with 'cheese'. Meaningful, non?

I went to see the Maly Theatre Company's King Lear last night. It was in Russian, which was not neccessarily a bad thing, and it certainly had its moments. However, it also significantly lacked its moments, too; and as Lear is a very long play even with a cut-down Russian script...the moments where it lacked moments were more considerable than th emoments where it had moments. Ahem. Overuse of 'moments', but you see what I mean. The design was beautiful, though, and the relationship with Goneril, Regan and Cordelia (and, to a lesser extent Lear, although I didn't like him) was wonderful. It was portrayed realistically. I always think in the old BBC dramas G and R are like snakes rather than sisters, whereas these two were more like...well, Ev and Rosabelle, actually. In an evil sort of way. Sorry, you two - you obviously aren't evil power-grabbing manipulators; I think your dad is safe for now. But they were like REAL sisters instead of - gah. Point made. I also like the intermittent piano passages played by the Fool. And how the piano played by itself after the Fool died. The melody carried on, unfinished, when he wasn't there to carry it on. However, the beautiful and haunting moments were rather outweighed by the passages of large bearded Russian men shouting at either other. And the other passages of said. Oh! And Edgar was very sexy, and didn't at all warrant being laughed at by the Americans behind me.

Americans! They are lovely, mostly, but I am sick of them. I'd like a night out where I only hear English voices. Or maybe I'd like a night out where I only hear the voices of people I know. Although those are increasingly heard, as I have a bad habit of ringing people late at night these days/ Sorry I woke you up, Stuart. Actually, I'm not at all sorry. It was nice to talk to you.

I was going to say something else, but I've forgotten and I don't feel like ranting. This'll be too long anyway, as my blog entries always are.

Edit: I've remembered what I wanted to talk about: the Death Note anime! I'm absolutely in love. It's so true to the manga - although if anything Light is even sexier, and there's voices! I'm in love with it. I doubt I'll ever get excited about an anime so much ever again. It's up there with Saiyuki. It's been a year since I first heard of DN, too. I'm marking this beautiful anniversary with giving it all my love. I'm going to buy as much DN merch as the London Expo can offer me. Need to buy some more Misa costume, actually. Including a wig - argh. None are the right colour! I don't want bright yellow or Barbie blonde, or even ash blonde, although I'll have that if I have to. What I'm after is closer to ginger. Well, strawberry blonde. I know what colour dark hair goes when you bleach it (unless it's the magical hair of Alex). It goes hideously orange, and gains a life of its own. And NO, I am not bleaching my whole head just to be Misa. I'm not that dedicated. Ev, I repeat and reiterate, you are going as my Light. Repeat ad nauseum until taken on board. I mean, imagine how strange it would look for L and Misa and possibly Mikami to wander round without their arch-nemesis/boyfriend/God!

Over and out for now (am strongly tempted to write 'kiss me, Hardy', as I did in my first ever blong entry. I shan't.)

No comments: