Here we are again for Round Three. My hands smell of hair gel, because I've been trying to make Scarlett's L wig for the Expo next weekend. Next weekend. Eeeek. And my preliminary essay is in on Halloween, which I incidentally STILL don't have a costume or an event for, and the day after is November. Which means TOO MUCH TO DO IN TOO LITTLE TIME. I feel even worse for Ev, who has to do all of that, on top of a Cambridge degree. I mean, my degree is certainly challenging and - well - difficult, but at least it's in a language I count myself more than fluent in. The L wig is not going well. I wish specifically anime costume shops existed, or that I had a better base to work with. Thank God I don't have to make a Mikami one too, that's all I can say. Thank you, Stuart, for having improbably accurate hair. Of your own. My own wig will be easy enough to deal with, although I still think it's too blonde. But you can't have everything. I'm very sorry to say (actually, I'm not sorry at all, I'm excited), that I ordered that beautiful Elizabethan corset from What Katie Did. It isn't strictly one hundred percent Misa-accurate, but I love it and if I have it I'll know I want to wear it, and anyway it's black and close enough and nobody can stop me so there. *Deep breath*.
I went belly dancing last night, and it was so! much! fun! It's dancing that isn't difficult, but you work hard. And I don't look ridiculous doing it, unlike contemporary dance (eek!) It's my kind of dancing. Also, I'm by far not the biggest girl there. There are some serious curves going on, and those girls are much better at it. The skinny ones can't do it at all. I laugh. I can, though. I keep rippling my tummy in a mirror and admiring it. And I get to wear my jingly coiny things from Turkey, so there, Ev, they are not completely useless.
Nano. Nano, nano, nano. I will think of your plot further than a vague inkling, I promise. I'll do it when I visit Ev at the weekend, between making her calming cups of tea and hugging her a lot. And fending off the hysterics.
My doings have been fairly uninteresting other than the belly dancing. I had a good seminar discussion today which reminded me of A-level English i.e. arguments flying back and forth like nobody's business. Some more odd people climbed through our window last night, and one of them was called Lex! Creepy Nano foreshadowing all the way! He really wasn't an interdimensional ambassador, though. I checked. Nor did he look like my Lex. My Lex is a gentleman. He shaves.
Sakura, I am getting back to you, I swear.
Perhaps more blogging later, when I've finished Death Note Episode Two and seen my mother a bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment